27 March 2011

Eagles


Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


Yesterday afternoon was gorgeous and I decided to head down to Wabasha to go hunting for bald eagles. I had read that this was a great time of year to see them along the Mississippi River and I thought it might be a fun photo opportunity. As you can see, I had pretty good luck and saw at least 25-30 of them. It was incredible to watch them soar above the river and I even managed to catch a few sitting in trees. The black and white speckled birds are juvenile bald eagles. On the way back home I saw several other big birds that I could tell weren't bald eagles. After a little googling I'm pretty sure they were turkey vultures. There is a picture or two of them in the slideshow. All in all, it was a fabulous way to spend a beautiful spring afternoon!

3 comments:

Steve-Rosanna said...

Absolutely stunning pictures Aitcher! Some of the closeups make it seem like you could almost reach out and touch the eagles.

There are a couple of birds in flight that are professional grade.

Thanks for sharing your bird watching adventure with us.

Lara said...

Wow, you need to bring us there next time we visit. I can't wait to show these pictures to Adam when he gets home. He's very into birds right now.

K said...

Amazing pics h! sounds like a fun little trip!